Teen Patti is the most popular gambling card game in Indian subcontinent and Asia. In some areas, people call it flush or three cards and this game has spread its popularity after gambling games started online. This game is produced by India.
This game is pretty simple and it starts with the dealing the cards by one player and cards are dealt clockwise.
This game is also a version of British game 3 Card Brag. 52 cards pack is used in the order from ace to two means high to low. The game might be played between 4-7 players. You should remember the basics of the game as you need to focus on minimum stake which is called one unit. Every player places the minimum stake in the pot (amount in the centre of the table). The entire amount will be won by one of the players.
Now the dealer will deal out the cards one by one until each player has three cards which is the basic theme of the game. The players bet on who has the best 3-card hand. Player gets the option to see at their 3-card hand before betting, this process is called seen. The player has other option as he can leave their cards face down on the table and this process is called blind.
From high to low, possible ranking of hands is here:
- Trio – If you find three cards of the same rank. Three aces are the best trio and three twos are the lowest.
- Straight run – If you see three consecutive cards of the same suit. For the highest straight run, Ace can be used in the run A-2-3. Next process is A-K-Q, K-Q-J and so on down to 4-3-2, which is the lowest. 2-A-K is not considered as a valid run.
- Normal run – When you find three consecutive cards and all the suits are different. A-2-3 is the best normal run, then A-K-Q, K-Q-J and so on down to 4-3-2. 2-A-K is not valid.
- Colour – When you find three cards of the same suit. If you’re comparing two colours, then compare the highest card. If you find both cards equal then compare the lowest, the highest colour is A-K-J and the lowest is 5-3-2.
- Pair – When you find two cards of the same rank. In case of two such hands, compare the pair first. Pick odd card if these two cards are equal. The highest pair hand is A-A-K and the lowest is 2-2-3.
- High card – If you find three cards that do not belong to any of the above types. First, compare the highest card first, then the second highest, then the lowest.
The betting process
- The betting starts with the player at the left side of the dealer and the game go forward as players take turn in clockwise order. Each player puts an additional bet and stays in and follows the pay and folds.
- The amount you put in at your turn in order to stay in the game depends on your current stake. You can bet twice, it doesn’t matter you’re playing blind or seen. In the beginning of the current stake is one unit.
- If you are a blind player you should pit in at least the current stake not more than twice of the stake. The current stake for the next player is then the amount that you put in.
- In case of seen player, you should bet at least twice the current stake and not more than four times the stake. Then the current stake for the next player becomes half the amount that you bet.
Now we give it more clarity. If you’re playing blind, then you will see at your cards during the turn of the betting. You then become a seen player and you must bet at least twice the current stake.
All except one player have folded, then last player wins all the money in the pot. All except two players have folded and one player pays for a show, then cards of both players will be exposed and compared.
There are few rules for a show:
- A show cannot open until two players made the drop out.
- In blind bet, the amount of a show is the current stake paid into the pot. It doesn’t matter whether the other player is playing blind or seen. You can see your three-cards hand, you paid for the show.
- In case of seen player and other player’s blind bet, you are restricted to demand a show. The seen player can only forward the betting or drop out.
- If both players on seen bet, player in turn might pay twice the current stake for a show.
- In a show, both players’ cards are exposed and the player whose three-card hand is higher ranking wins the pot. In case of equal ranking, the player who didn’t pay for the show wins the pot.
If all players are seen then at your turn after betting the minimum amount, you can ask the player who bet before you a compromise. Now it depends on the player as he can accept or refuse the compromise.
Let’s understand the points on compromise situation:
- If that player accepts your compromise, the two players who had compared their cards and the player who has the lower ranking cards should fold. It they’re equal in any case, the player who was asked for the compromise must fold.
- The second case is the refusal of the compromise. In that case, the betting will continue as usual with the player after the one who was asked for the compromise.
Okay. Now understand the whole rule with an example.
Suppose that W, X, Y and Z are the four players who are playing Teen Patti.
They all put 1 Dollar on the table and D deals. Now player W play blind and puts one more dollar in the pot. Player X performs as seen player and folds. Player Y also plays blind and beta one dollar. Player Z sees his cards but he puts 2 dollars in the pot which is the maximum amount.
The current stake remains at one dollar. Player W raises the stake and put two dollars. Player Y sees his cards and folds. Player Z puts in 4 dollars which is the maximum deposit for a seen player since player W raised the current stake. Player W now decides to see his cards and puts in 4 dollars and asks for a show. Player Z shows his cards and winner takes the whole amount put on table.
Off course, you would see various game processes in Teen Patti game but this example is just a showcase to tell you that how process happens.
The Rummy game is one of the popular card game betting Indians. This game is…
Poker is a popular game that’s easy to learn but difficult to master. Although it’s…
Dream Catcher is one of the popular games in the online gaming market. It was…
This exquisite piece of article is solely dedicated to beginners and of course, the pros…
Dead Slot Games
Since its release, Book of Dead has become an absolute classic slot that most players…
Pai Gow Poker
Pai Gow Poker uses the standard 52-card deck, plus a Joker. It's you against The…